Central Texas College, Nursing Program
P.O. Box 1800
Killeen, TX 76540-1800, US
CENTRAL TEXAS COLLEGE Vocational Nursing Program
The Vocational Nursing Program is a traditional one-year credit program involving 3 semesters or 12 months of study.Upon successful completion, graduates receive a Certificate of Completion and are eligible to become candidates for theState Board Examination for licensure.
The candidate who successfully passes the State Board Examination may practiceas a Licensed Vocational Nurse. The Vocational Nursing Program is approved by the Texas Board of Nursing.
Classroom instruction is conducted on the campus of Central Texas College. Clinical instruction takes place in varioushospitals, clinics, nursing homes, and long term care facilities in Killeen, Temple, Gatesville, and Copperas Cove. Clinical hours/sites may vary as to day or evening shift.
Applicants for the program must follow the regular procedures for admission to Central Texas College .
In addition, the following is required of all applicants for admission to the Vocational Nursing Program:
1. Application for the nursing program.
2. Submission of high school transcripts verifying graduation or GED transcript that indicates student has earned a state equivalent high school diploma.
3. Copies of official transcripts from previous colleges attended.
4. Student must be TSI exempt or have passed the THEA (TASP), ASSET, ACT Accuplacer, or COMPASS.
5. All persons entering the VN program must take and pass the Nurse Entrance Test (NET) within three attempts with passing scores on the same exam.
Completion of the NET with minimum composite scores on math of 65% or higher on the Math section, with no more than three sections below 70% and reading score of 51% or higher on the same exam must be achieved
Best Part-Time Medical Jobs
10 Entry-Level Jobs In Healthcare
Physical therapist assistants
What do physical therapist assistants do?