| Sheridan Technical Center, Florida, Licensed Practical Nursing, LPN
Sheridan Technical Center, LPN program
5400 Sheridan Street
Hollywood, Florida 33201
Licensed Practical Nursing / LPN Training - 1350 hours:
The Licensed Practical Nursing (LPN) program is designed to prepare students for employment as licensed practical nurses. The program is approved by the Florida State Board of Nursing, which makes the graduate eligible to take the examination to practice as a Licensed Practical Nurse.
The Licensed Practical Nursing ( LPN ) content includes, but is not limited to:
• Theoretical instruction and clinical experience in medical, surgical, obstetric, pediatric and geriatric nursing
• Theoretical instruction and clinical experience in both acute and long term care situations
• Theoretical instruction and clinical application of vocational role and function
• Personal, family and community health concepts
• Human growth and development over the life span
• Body structure and function
• Interpersonal relationship skills
• Mental health concepts
• Pharmacology and administration of medications
• Legal aspects of practice
• Computer skills and employability skills.
Licensed Practical Nursing (LPN) students are introduced to the clinical area early in the program. Theory and clinical procedures are integrated into the curriculum to reinforce learning.
LPN graduates may be employed in hospitals, extended care facilities, physician's offices, home health, and hospice agencies, as well as private patient care. The LPN works under the direction of a registered nurse (RN) or licensed physician.
A Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) may continue his/her education by pursuing an Associate of Science degree or Bachelor of Science in Nursing. Credits from this program, which is accredited by the National League for Nursing, transfer to Broward Community College towards the AS degree program in Nursing.
Licensed Vocational Nurse Jobs
What is a Licensed Vocational Nurse?
Is the Vocational Nursing Profession a growing career?